Ingredients Brownie Base
- 200g almond pulp
- 250ml water
- 200g walnuts
- 250g cashews
- 150g coconut flakes
- 350g dates
- 50g agave
- 60g cacao
- 200g coconut oil
- 20g cacao
- 200ml agave
Method for Brownie
- Using dehydrated almond pulp (from making milk) mix pulp and water together in a bowl.
- Place dates in food processor and process until they become sticky and form a ball. Remove and set aside till later.
- In a food processor, process walnuts and coconut flakes until a fine crumb, add to almond pulp-water mixture.
- Food process cashew nuts into a large crumb (adds texture to the brownie) then add to almond pulp mixture.
- Add cacao to almond mixture then place the mixture back into the food processor and add salt to taste. Blend till cacao is integrated, then slowly add the dates to the mixture while processing.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and add agave mixing in using your hands.
- Place mixture in a lined tin and press down firmly.
Method for Ganache
- Melt coconut oil and set aside.
- In a high speed blender put agave and cacao and blend on a low speed until combined.
- Slowly stream in coconut oil while mixture is blending on a low speed.
- Pour and spread ganache over brownie.
- Set in fridge or freezer.
Makes 16 large brownies.